Sunday, January 8, 2012

Second Gear redline???

I have a 89 crx with a d16z6 from a 92 civic si... it has vtec but it is not hooked up... i bought the car with the engine in it already... only thing that i know is not stock is a short ram intake from spectre..(found at autozone or autoparts stores) well the thing is my redline is at 7200 for my engine... but i go to 7000 just to be safe... well i did that and turns out redlining second gear at 7100 rpms i was going 89-91 mph... is that normal? I know that my crx is an hf so it weighs a little under a ton.. and i have it sitting on 17 inch wheels..(which i dont like) I see the 350 z's and other cars redlining second gear and toping the gear at 70-78 mph... any ideas... plz dont call me a liar if for some reason you think this is impossible... im just wondering if maybe its how it should be or if the guy who had it forged the pistons etc... or whatever

No comments:

Post a Comment